The HI-SCAN 6040 CTiX and the updated Model S offer advanced screening of carry-on baggage using Computed Tomography (CT) and automatic explosives detection algorithms. In addition to both models achieving ECAC EDS CB C3, HI-SCAN 6040 CTiX is also STAC, ENAC and IPMO approved; and has TSA APSS v6.2 Level 1 certification. These are also currently underway for HI-SCAN 6040 CTiX Model S. ECAC EDS CB C3 approved systems eliminate the need to remove electronic devices, liquids and gels from hand luggage– expediting screening and making the whole process less stressful for passengers.
The gantry rotates at a constant speed as baggage is carried through it on the conveyor belt. Hundreds of images are taken to create high quality 3D images in real-time, allowing for more accurate judgments on the bag contents. The user interface received the 2020 Red Dot Award for fast and intuitive 3D image evaluation.
Due to the considerable reduction in width by 20cm and weight by 350kg, the HI-SCAN 6040 CTiX Model S is easily integrated into existing Smiths Detection and third-party checkpoints as well as checkpoints with size and layout limitations.
Both, HI-SCAN 6040 CTiX and the Model S can be integrated with the automated object recognition software iCMORE, which can detect prohibited items such as weapons. Click here to learn more.
• ECAC and STAC EDS CB C3 approved
• TSA APSS 6.2 Level 1 certified
• Qualified on the TSA’s Checkpoint Property Screening System (CPSS) Qualified Products List (QPL) for base, mid and full-size configurations
• High throughput levels through highest belt speed in its class (0.2m/s)
• 5-20% lower power consumption compared to alternative systems
• Low noise level (60 dB), zero vibration
• High detection rate and low false-alarm rate thanks to MAT technology
• Easily integrated into existing checkpoints, supporting open architecture solutions
• Optimized weight and footprint of the Model S