• Designed to comply with the latest TSA and EU regulations
• Highest throughput levels through high belt speed (0.2m/s)
• Laptops and liquids can remain in bags
• High detection rate and low false-alarm rate thanks to MAT technology
• Easily integrated into existing checkpoints
Smiths Detection’s HI-SCAN 6040 CTiX offers advanced screening of carry-on baggage through the use of Computed Tomography (CT) technology. The advanced detection capability offered by CT eliminates the need to remove electronic devices and liquids from hand luggage, improving passenger experience and throughput.
The 6040 CTiX gantry rotates at a constant speed as baggage is carried through on the conveyor belt. Hundreds of images are then taken to create 3D images in real-time, allowing for more accurate judgments of the bag contents to be made.