Rio 2011 Military World Games
• 15 advanced HI-SCAN X-ray systems for venue entrances and athlete’s village.
XIX Commonwealth Games New Delhi 2010
• Over 230 X-ray scanners for luggage, 24 CBRN monitoring systems, 6 Vehicles equipped to cope with CBRN or hazmat incidents, and 1 Container Inspection System.
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
• Provided several small lightweight chemical warfare agent (CWA) and toxic industrial chemical (TIC) detectors. More detailed information is confidential.
12th United Nations Congress on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Brazil 2010
• 10 X-ray systems, 4 IONSCAN 500DT systems for trace detection of explosives and narcotics, 4 HazMatID – portable chemical identifier for unknown liquids, powders, and solids -, 7 walkthrough and 14 hand-held metal detectors.
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games
• 10 Portable Screening Units (PSU), 9 security buses mainly for VIPs with the checkpoint and passport control being delivered to the door of the aircraft, over 50 IONSCAN 500DT for explosive trace detection, 1 HCVM – mobile high energy X-ray cargo screener for the Canadian Border Services Agency, 10 HazMatID instruments utilized for hazardous material identification by the Emergency Response teams in the Vancouver and Whistler areas, 8 SABRE 4000 handheld devices used by search teams for the detection of vapour or trace particles of explosives, narcotics, chemical warfare agents and toxic industrial chemicals.
Beijing 2008 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games
• More than 600 trace detection equipment including over 150 SABRE 4000 and more than 400 IONSCAN 400B. Provided a range of CBRN detection equipment to various Government departments. More detailed information is confidential.
Rio 2007 Pan American Games
• More than 90 HI-SCAN 6040i and 12 HI-SCAN 100100v X-ray inspection systems, 1 SilhouetteScan Mobile Cab 300 – mobile X-ray unit, and 1 HCVM 4028 – high energy mobile inspection system, for full site inspections.
Germany 2006 FIFA World Cup
• 70 X-ray machines and walkthrough metal detectors (WTMD) primarily for protecting VIP areas.
Doha 2006 Asian Games
• Supplied chemical detection equipment, lightweight chemical detectors and hazardous material identifiers for the overarching security operation of the games. X-ray systems were provided for the interim airport terminal. Provided local training.
Athens 2004 Summer Olympic Games
• Over 260 X-ray systems were deployed for security operations and training program for more than 1,200 operators. Over 200 hand-held Chemical Agent Monitors (CAM) and a quantity of GID-3 chemical agent detectors were also sold to the Greek authorities. Around-the-clock maintenance was provided. In addition, providing additional security support Athens International Airport ordered checked baggage and carry-on baggage systems and the Greek Police force ordered teh HI-SCAN 180180 X-ray inspection systems to check bulky goods for threats.
May 13. 2013 Smiths Detection’s eqo people screener wins key EU approval [more]
May 08. 2013 Smiths Detection X-ray Customers Offered Real-Time 24/7 Contact with MSA Security Certified Bomb Technicians [more]
April 11. 2013 Smiths Detection Supplies Explosives Detectors to Canadian Airports [more]
April 08. 2013 Smiths Detection Opens New Training and Service Center for the Americas [more]
April 04. 2013 Luxembourg Customs bolstered by Smiths Detection Cargo Scanner [more]
November 26. 2012 Smiths Detection launches specialist X-Ray scanner for cars [more]